The Farm "La Villa" is located in Garlenda, in the Italian Riviera, in the first inland behind Albenga and Alassio (only 10 km from the sea), in the middle of Val Lerrone, which also includes the towns of Villanova d 'Albenga and Casanova. The valley is particular for it’s woodland and agricultural traditions that survive in flat and terraced land (in particular the cultivation of olive trees).
The town of Garlenda, 1,300 inhabitants, over the years has managed to enhance the balance with respect for tradition, and with important agricultural settlemens,t and the 18-hole golf course, the use of historic resources such as the Castle “della Meriana” and scenic resources as the ancient paths. Garlenda has a vibrant summer full of historical, culinary and sports events.Events in Garlenda:
- April 28th, Historical Commemoration of St. Catherine
- 2nd weekend of June, Passin Passetto, gastronomic walk along the old Street of Salt
- 1st weekend of July, International Meeting of the FIAT 500
- 1st weekend of August, Feast of Agriculture
- August 13th and 14th, Feast of "Pan Fritu" (local food)
- August 16th, Feast of St. Rocco
- August 24th, Pilgrimage to Our Lady of the Guard
- September 8th, Patronal Feast of the Nativity Procession of the Christs
- 3rd weekend of October, Horses and chestnuts
- Medieval castle Costa Del Carretto
- Multimedia Museum FIAT 500
- San Rocco public park and the centuries-old oak
- Townships of Castelli and Paravenna
- Site of Community Interest Emys (Tortoise Palustre Ingauna)
- Ancient paths of medieval history and nature (movie by Associazione Antiche Vie del Sale, 8 min.)
- Tourist map of Garlenda
- Download the movie of the Val Lerrone (by Renato Bonfanti, 12 min.)
18-hole golf course, tennis courts (wheelchair accessible), soccer, mountain bike trail, hiking trails, riding stables and horse trails
Tourist information: 0182.582114
Places to see in Liguria:
The English title of the book reads: "Liguria: the world in one region". This is the perfect combination to describe the Riviera. A long, narrow strip of land that collects in few kilometers a multitude of natural and man-made attractions.
Below is a list of some of the most interesting places to visit: Albenga, Alassio, Gallinara island, Laigueglia, Villanova d'Albenga Zuccarello, Pieve di Teco, Cervo, Col di Nava, Triora, Imperia, Sanremo, Bordighera, Hanbury Gardens, Apricale, Dolceacqua, the Cetacean Sanctuary and whale wacthing, Finale Ligure, Noli, Savona, Millesimo, Genoa, Camogli, Portofino, Cinque Terre, Alta Via dei Monti Liguri.
How to get there:
by car or bus line, arrived in Garlenda, cross the bridge of Villafranca. The campsite is located in front of you, behind a large stone house.